What is the best boiler choice for 2021?
To begin with, it’s worth bearing in mind that it is only the beginning of the year and a lot could change.
There are a few key performance indicators that you should consider before buying any particular boiler, things like warranties & guarantees, value for money (running costs) as well as the features and, of course the actual performance characteristics of the boiler itself.
But if you are in the market for a new or replacement boiler, then here is a short summary of the models that are being talked about as the best boiler choice for 2021.
Based on our “review of reviews”, this is what we found out. The boilers below are listed because they were mentioned several times in the reviews that we reviewed.
What we have also found is that when a boiler is made well and performs well one year, it tends to stay at the top of the lists quite a while – so most of the best boilers from last year remain in the top 10 lists for 2021 also.
These are best suited to homes with 1 bathroom or shower, with “light too medium” potential hot water demand.
- Ideal Logic Plus Combi 30.
- Worcester Bosch Greenstar
- Vaillant Ecotec Pro
- Baxi EcoBlue+
- Baxi 428
These combi-boilers benefit from a range of features such as long warranties, small physical size (don’t take u too much space), high efficiency ratings with excellent reliability.
These are more suited to homes with “heavier” hot water demands than a combi boiler can deal with. You will need space for a hot water storage tank.
- Ideal Vogue
- Worcester Greenstar 15i
- Baxi EcoBlue
- Glow-worm Energy
The boiler warranty length varies quite a bit from manufacturer to manufacturer on these products (from 2 to 10 years). Please check at the time of purchase to confirm the current warranty particulars.
Reputable & Popular Brand Names
- WORCESTER BOSCH – many good review, some niggles about confusing controls
- VAILLANT – said to be fair value for money, but not the cheapest.
- BAXI – good mix of price & reliability.
- IDEAL – decent length warranties (parts & labour) generally has a good reputation.
- GLOW WORM – many satisfied customers on price & reliability.
- POTTERTON – award winning company
As with most home improvements, especially those that can sometimes be expensive, you should take the time to check out the company, the product & the installer in advance.
Once you have a few in mind get a professional to visit your home to look at what is needed and come up with a written quote – and get at least 3 or 4 before deciding in your own time which products & prices you think suit your circumstances best.
- 2021 gas boiler prices update here
- top 3 combi boiler reviews here.
- updated info about combi boilers for 2021
- Frequently asked questions here